Southern Car Insurance
Southern car insurance has a lot in common with insurance elsewhere; but at the same time it does have regional specifics. At its core Southern car insurance is the same as West Coast car insurance, Northern car insurance and Midwest car insurance. Many of the same things are taken into consideration when rate setting in one area or the other. The same types of coverage are also available in all areas of the country.
Here's how to look at the differences, and make good decisions regarding your insurance needs in the southern states.
Geographic Differences In Car Insurance
There are many things that differ from one part of the country to another. Therefore, these things will have an impact on car insurance rates and even availability in certain areas.
- Some companies stopped offering policies in certain parts of the south, following bad hurricanes a couple of years ago. This is unlikely to happen in any other part of the county. Hurricanes tend to be a risk inherent to the south, and that makes it very risky to insure a large number of people in any one area that may be susceptible to them.
- In the south, insurance companies do not have long periods of bad winter weather to contend with. In fact, some areas have no winter at all. Therefore the risk of accidents associated with driving in winter weather is reduced.
- The south is less densely populated that California and the Northeast, therefore the risk of accidents and theft is lower in much of the south than in busy metropolitan areas.
- More drivers have older cars in the south because the pleasant climate is easier on cars and therefore they last longer. No rust from all that salt used to manage icy northern streets. This means fewer vehicles need collision and comprehensive coverage because, past a certain age, it is of no value.
Southern Auto Insurance Companies
When looking for southern auto insurance it is surprising to note that there are a variety of companies out there whose names resemble it such as:
- Southern California Car Insurance
- Great Southern Insurance
- Southern Family Insurance Services
- Southern Oregon Insurance
- Southern United Specialty
- Southern Pioneer Insurance Companies
Southern Companies That Actually Serve The South
There are a wide variety of national insurance companies offering car insurance in the American South. Some of these include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- AIG Direct
- The Hartford
- Unitrin Direct
- The General
No matter which company you choose to use for your southern car insurance needs, you need to be comfortable in the fact that they meet your needs. Therefore it is very important to shop around and compare prices and policies. Each company has different underwriting practices or guidelines, therefore the prices will be different from one company to another. In fact, it is rare for two companies to have the same rate for the same policy.
When you have shopped around and gotten quotes from a variety of southern car insurance companies, it is important to compare not only the prices, but also the companies themselves. You can find out a lot about a company with a little investigation.
You should always check on the financial stability of any company you are planning to use for your financial needs, of which car insurance is one. You can easily get such information by contacting one of the independent insurance ratings companies, like Moody’s or A.M. Best, to find out what their letter grade rating is. An A or better indicates that the company is financially able to meet its obligations, both present and future.
If you are looking for a company that offers exceptional customer service, you can find out how your company ranks by doing an internet search. Often disgruntled customers will use the Internet to share their concerns and frustrations. Take that with a grain of salt.
Certain state insurance organizations also keep data on customer service complaints in the insurance industry. By checking with your state’s department of insurance you will learn more about how the company you are thinking of using fares in comparison with others.
Compare Car Insurance Quotes Now!
When you are ready for your Southern car insurance quotes, it is quite easy to get them. Use an online quote tool like the one at the top of this page. Input your zip code to begin and you will be prompted to answer some very easy questions. In no time you will have a variety of Southern car insurance quotes in your hands to compare and choose from. No matter where you live – get started comparing auto insurance quotes online now!